Take a look at our list of general fat burning tips that will help you in shedding those excess pounds faster.
1. Running ten 100 yard sprints can burn up to 500 calories.
2. Wear a sweatshirt before starting your workout. Your body burns more calories when your muscles are warm.
3. Serve your meals on a smaller plate. This way, you can limit the size of your meals.
4. Substitute the sour cream and mayonnaise with Greek yogurt to reduce the calorie intake.
5. Eat shelled nuts. Shelling the nuts has a psychological effect and it’s proven that triggers a feeling of satiety. Studies show that you can reduce the amount of nuts you eat by 50% as a result of this psychological effect.
6. Take a sugar free mint flavored gum after eating. Your brain picks up the mint flavor as a signal to stop eating.
7. Consume nuts instead of fast foods and sugary snacks.
8. Start practicing power yoga. You can spend up to 350 calories per session.
9. Do your workout on an empty stomach once a in a while. This method helps you maintain high adrenaline and low blood sugar levels.
10. Alternate between fast sprints and jogging. This is one of the best ways to rev up your metabolism.
11. Consume protein instead of carbohydrates for breakfast.
12. Find a training partner. According to research, when you workout with a partner you reduce the chances to skip a workout by 34%.
13. Consume plenty of water. One of the numerous adverse side effects of dehydration is the feeling of hunger.
14. Avoid frying your food. Eat poached or boiled eggs, bake your meat and fish.
15. Go to the pool. Swimming is a great aerobic exercise. You can also run in the pool, if your feet touch the bottom, or do other exercises.
16. Take a before and after photo. Seeing your results can get you motivated and point to the areas that need improvement.
17. Avoid putting cream and sugar in your coffee. Cut down 100 calories by switching to skimmed milk.
18. Cycle as often as you can. One hour of cycling burns 500 calories.
19. Workout on an elliptical trainer with handles. You increase the calorie consumption by recruiting your arm muscles.
20. Include berries in your diet. Add them to your protein shake to increase the amount of fiber you consume.
21. Avocados are fantastic source of healthy fats. Include avocado in your diet.
22. Include tea, especially green tea, in your daily menu. It’s fantastic source of antioxidants that help you burn more calories.
23. Confuse your body by altering your workout routine. Don’t allow your muscles to settle. Change the protocol every after six to eight weeks.
24. Increase your overall daily protein intake.
25. Include heavy squats in your training protocol. Maintain proper form. Squats recruit a range of big muscles, making your body burn more calories.
26. Don’t cheat on abs training. Include several abs exercises in your protocol. Try performing them with weights after you get a hold of the routine.
27. Decrease the carbohydrates intake. Start bu cutting about 400 calories or 100g of carbohydrates a day. Let those cut carbs be refined carbs and sugars.
28. Include beans in your diet. They are packed with protein and high in fiber, and have fantastic fat burning properties. You can consume them pureed for a stew, or as a side dish.
29. Combine cardio exercises with weight lifting. You can jump rope or do stationary bike between the sets.
30. Increase your everyday activities even when you’re at home. Don’t get glued to the couch in front of your TV. Do a quick set of push-ups or sit-ups every once in a while.
31. Try stacking your kitchen only with healthy food. Removing the temptations will help you overcome the moments of weakness and keep you on the right track.
32. Treat yourself with a hearty meal once a week. If you’ve managed to stay on your diet for six days, this excursion will get your body and spirit prepared for the next week.
33. Jump rope instead of jogging. Ten minutes of rope jumping burns the same amount of calories as 15 minutes of jogging. Plus, you get your hands involved.
34. Don’t eliminate your favorite food completely from your diet. Treating yourself every once in a while, yet not too often, will help you stay on the wagon longer.
35. Don’t make long term plans. Take it one step at a time. Short term goals are much easier to accomplish. As a result they boost your confidence and make you go further.
36. Increase your fiber intake. Include lentils, greens, pears and other fiber rich foods in your diet. Fiber increases your satiety level and helps your digestive system.
37. Consume dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Dark chocolate provides you with energy without consuming sugar.
38. Don’t gorge yourself after training. This will undo all the hard work. Eat a sensible meal containing moderate amount of carbs and high amount of protein.
39. Include burpees in your workout. This compound exercise is a fantastic aerobic workout that offers total body activation.
40. Climb the steps and avoid the elevator. Ten minutes of climbing will burn 100 calories. That’s 100 more than when you go by an elevator.
41. Start your day by doing push-ups. It will quicken your metabolism and include upper body training.
42. Take it easy with the salad dressing. Use balsamic vinegar and olive oil instead of ranch dressing. It will spare you of 300 calories.
43. If you have to eat a burger, cut out the cheese and fries. It will spare you another 300 calories.
44. Keep a track of what you eat. Number the calories. Knowing how much you consume is very important for your fat burning process. Cut down 250 each day, and you’ll lose two pounds in just one month.
45. Skip breakfast. Yes that’s right. Many “experts” will argue that breakfast is the most important meal, but studies (1, 2, 3 4 ) have shown that intermittent fasting helps in fat loss. Or if you insist on eating one, eat a protein only breakfast to boost your metabolism.
46. Avoid eating at restaurants too often. Treat yourself with a lunch out no more than twice a month.
47. Prepare your own food. This will help you keep track on what you’re eating.
48. To keep you body healthy you need do at least 10,000 steps each day. Keep a track on how much steps you take by buying pedometer.
49. Your body needs at least seven hours of rest. When you deprive your body of sleep, you destroy your metabolism.
50. Include pull-ups in your routine. They have much better effect than pull-downs.
51. Find a way to reduce your stress. It triggers the production of the cortisol, which increases your appetite.
52. Include hot peppers in your food. They speed up your metabolism.
53. Eliminate processed foods from your diet. Consume only healthy fats.
54. Take your time when chewing your food. According to the studies, this will help you reduce the amount of food you eat.
55. Run more. Try increasing the distance your cover every time you go out to run. In few weeks time you’ll be surprised at how much more you run.
56. Sounds silly, but household chores burn significant amount of calories. You’ll be surprised to hear that raking your leaves burns 230 calories, while washing your car will trim down 270 calories.
57. If you’re looking for lean protein, go for ostrich. In this respect it’s even better than beef.
58. Reduce the resting periods between sets. By making your muscles work harder and your heart pump faster, you increase the number of calories you burn.
59. Don’t be misguided with zero-calorie foods. The law allows products that contain less than five calories per serving to be labelled as zero-calorie foods.
60. Try avoiding alcohol. It kills your ability to workout and increases the amount of fat you store. When you want to drink, stay away of cocktails. Drink instead a glass of wine or something with low amount of calories.
Source : http://ift.tt/2C4joYn